Friday, March 24, 2006

When Loki was a pup, I can only remember a couple of days where she woke me up during the night because she had to do her business. She was supposed to be two months old when I got her, but I'm starting to think that maybe she was a little older than that. Because she quickly became my 6am alarm clock.And after a few months I could actually get her to let me have another hour or two of sleep on the weekends (she'd wake me up around 6am, but after I told her to go back to sleep, she would lie back down, or I'd just let her outside in the back yard.)

Freya has a routine now, too. She's my 3am alarm clock. At which time I put on some warm clothes, take her out of her crate, carry her outside, and let her do her business. Loki accompanies us, of course. Ten to fifteen minutes later I pick her up, carry her up the deck and back inside the house, let her eat and drink a little, and then put her back in the crate. At which point she wakes me up every so often until it's 6am and I let the dogs romp in the back yard again.

Freya's still a very young puppy in so many ways. It'll probably take a couple of months for her to get to the point where she's as mature as Loki was when I got her, and I can remove her "handle with extra care" sign :)

1 Comments:

Blogger teahouse said...

They grow so quickly! Pretty soon they'll be headed off to college...

Wed Mar 29, 12:16:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home