Monday, March 06, 2006


Say hello to Freya. She's a white German Shepherd, born January 13th, 2006; that makes her seven weeks and three days old as of today (which is almost over, since it's almost 11 p.m.)

She's very, very mellow. Which is good, since Loki has enough energy for two dogs. But she does know how to wag her tail like the puppy she is! She slept most of the way as I drove home, so I do believe that she will not have any problems riding in the car as she grows older.

So why is she part of the family now, you ask? Well, Loki has been vociferously complaining to me each time I come home lately. Apparently she is no longer content to be by herself when I'm at work. I can't really blame her; I wouldn't be happy either if I had to be alone eight to nine hours a day (though I do let her out at lunch time, since currently my work is close to home). With Freya around, Loki should be a whole lot less lonely during those hours. And they can romp in the back yard together. And they'll both go walking with me each day, too, of course. Well, they will when Freya gets big enough. Which shouldn't take that long.

Tomorrow I'll make an appointment with the vet, so Freya can meet her and get checked out. She's already been checked out by a vet last week, but that wasn't the vet she'll be seeing from now on. Loki will get an appointment for later this month also, since it's time for her yearly shots and another set of Sentinel tabs.

Okay, I'll post another picture of Loki and Freya, but then I'm turning in for the night. I might not get to sleep the whole night through with a new puppy in the house. Guess I'll find out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it when their ears flop over like that. tooo cute.

Wed Mar 08, 09:18:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home